Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hello family and friends,

For those followers of our blog who I have not had the distinct pleasure of meeting, I am Bradd Stuart, the navigator on board the S.S. Lin II...and galley "chef". I am the proud son of Steve and Linda Stuart from Fulton Illinois and who are now residing in the Charlotte, NC area. My father is the captain of this boat and we are about to embark on a once in a lifetime venture traveling from Clinton Iowa to Grand Dunes, SC. We will be leaving port tomorrow morning (Monday September 19th) after five days of final preparations of the vessel for for the trip.

Before going into detail on the prep work and some posting of a few pictures of our "hard" work,
I would like to give a shout out to my Mom & Dad for making this trip possible, the support of my sister and her family Brady and Carlo (including a great evening before we left Charlotte NC watching the a Bears victory)!! Marty, Beth, and Jeanne Haggerty from Atlanta who made the traditional Labor Day festivities one to remember...as always!!! A shout out to my new friends Jessica and Paul Mizenko, also from Atlanta, who even though did not have a actual Labor Day party....wow what a blast I had at their house that Sunday evening!! A special thank you to the friends from my home town that I had the honor to spend some time with: Stephanie and Ken Wainwright, Jim and Billie Woods, The family of David and Sue Wiersema, Terry and Shawna Sikkema, the family of Stacey and John Dail, and of course Jim and Anne Balk who let us borrow their car for the week and a hosted a wonderful last evening in town before we leave port.

All systems are a go for tomorrow! All 42 foot of gorgeous floating fiberglass, equipped with two full bedrooms and two full baths passed the check lists, start ups, and is fully fueled. Let me tell you....the sound of two 8 cylinder marine engines starting up.....as Dad would say "Oh Yeah Baby"!! Can not wait for tomorrow and many postings and first pictures to come. Thank you for following our post everyone!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Feeling so honored we made the shout out list and can't wait to hear the stories when you visit us in December!!! Bring the pctures!!! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I finally made it on to read the blog....And surprisingly and awesomely found a shout out to we the Mizenko's..WOOT WOOT!! Safe travels Bradd (said "Brad-da-da) to you and your father! See you in a couple months!!

    ReplyDelete